No news but stuff on my mind

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Often, I think about why Hmong couples say that they're "married" but they actually aren't. Sure, they are "married" to the Hmong eyes but to the American eyes, they are just living together. Just because you have a "celebration" for your unity, what is stopping you from legally getting married?

I just don't understand that sometimes.

Sure, a piece of paper doesn't have to prove that you're married, legally.

However, you're really not married, just "officially living together." That's it.

On top of that, another thing that gets me is how couples have been living with their mothers/mothers-in-laws for so many years.

If you are able to get a new car, go to clubs, go out of state for tourneys, or go play poker all the time, you need to save your money and get the heck out.

Gosh, then add the couple who starts to have kids, still living with their parents.

Actually I blame the parents for that because they allow their kids to stay "married" living under their roof.

This is just for those who are still "not able to get their own house."

For the couples who actually own their own home and have their parents live with them. Extra props to you!

1 hlub:

Curvy Petite April 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

I agree, get the heck out of the house. I love my independence and I love saying it's MY apartment.

Post a Comment